Donald Trump's Racist Anti-Immigration Ad Pulled From NBC, CNN & More

Adjust Comment Print

And it's not just NBC that has gotten second thoughts about the ad, which depicts asylum seekers trying to gain lawful entry into the United States as potential psychopathic killers - it's Fox News too.

"Your questions are offensive a lot of the time", he told the publication. Per NBC, the spot ran 18 times across several networks - including during the Sunday Night Football game that had almost 20 million viewers - before it was pulled.

NBC, Fox News and Facebook have pulled a controversial Trump campaign advertisement that CNN had previously refused to run after deeming it "racist".

NBC's decision to run the ad in the first place was criticized on Twitter, most notably by Hollywood personalities like Judd Apatow and Debra Messing.

Released last week, the advertisement includes footage of Luis Bracamontes, a twice-deported immigrant from Mexico sentenced to death in California for killing two police officers.

Trump's campaign manager, Brad Parscale, tweeted that NBC News, CNN and Facebook had chosen "to stand with those illegall in this country".

Texas Newlyweds Die In Helicopter Crash While Leaving Their Wedding
The helicopter had taken off a few kilometres away from the family ranch in Uvalde, Texas , where the ceremony was held. According to the Sam Houston State University rodeo team Facebook page, both Will and Bailee were members of the team.

On November 3, Donald Trump, Jr.

A CNN spokesperson responded in a tweet, saying, "CNN has made it abundantly clear in its editorial coverage that this ad is racist".

Trump's broader argument in the ad is obvious: we don't know who is coming into our country. It was later revealed that Bracamontes had been released from USA custody by Trump ally and former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

NBC said on Monday that in its review, it recognises the insensitive nature of the ad. While the Jeff Zucker run CNN never aired the ad in it paid slots, it played audio from the Willie Horton redux effort several times as various anchors commented on the clearly distorted material.

The ad can still be posted on the social network, but not through Facebook's political ads platform. "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution", a Facebook's spokesperson said in a statement to CNET. The cable newswers that Trump slams incessently as the megaphone of "Fake News" added that "When presented with an opportunity to be paid to take a version of this ad, we declined".

Comments